Essendon in crisis again - more of what we all knew

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Essendon in crisis again - more of what we all knew

Post by King-Eliagh »

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/e ... 33szw.html

Crisis talks again for this disgraceful club. Players are admitting it right left and centre and 10 players will be outed soon. Anyone know the infamous 10?

I gotta say though I feel somewhat sorry for the players. Its the clubs fault, and the AFL's. [-X [-X [-X

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: Essendon in crisis again - more of what we all knew

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/e ... 33szw.html

Crisis talks again for this disgraceful club. Players are admitting it right left and centre and 10 players will be outed soon. Anyone know the infamous 10?

I gotta say though I feel somewhat sorry for the players. Its the clubs fault, and the AFL's. [-X [-X [-X
Welcome to Saturday...... :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Xman common mate gimme a break. I've been busy trying to fix the ethical and structural problems of this site since Saturday.

Do you know the infamous 10?

xman wrote:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Xman common mate gimme a break. I've been busy trying to fix the ethical and structural problems of this site since Saturday.

Do you know the infamous 10?
Try the Herald Sun they named 12 on Sunday - how about Cronulla how many have been named there - by the way how is it the AFL's fault - did they have them injected?
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs

Post by Cracker »

I think it's pulling a long straw to call the AFL out on this. I would say the same if someone said the same thing about the NRL re Cronulla. I think Essendon always knew they had problems. This pre-emptive strike by the media isn't the best look. I say that because I assume the publishing of ASADA's report has to be close.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The AFL woulda been in the know there were new and potentially illegal substances coming in on the market.

xman wrote:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:
The AFL woulda been in the know there were new and potentially illegal substances coming in on the market.
Would have? Not speculating are you KE? There's a difference between knowledge and suspicion - these types of things in many ways horrible at the time can produce a cleaner comp - 1st implementing governance and departmental watch dogs to monitor clubs - 2nd greater awareness, 3rd acceptance by fans that this is important - lastly a will to deal with the issue. I don't know if the AFL knew, just like I don't know if the NRL knew about Cronulla. I have not seen one peice of evidence which does show this - until then IMO the AFL/NRL MAY have suspected something was happening but didn't act for both the same reasons - to avoid disruption to the core business. For what it's worth.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I'm pretty sure they woulda known and basically ignored it hoping it wouldn't come out as big because the drugs were in the grey zone between legal and illegal.

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

I doubt that very seriously, King Eliagh. If they had known they would have reported it immediately. So would the NRL. Both would be keenly aware of the danger of ignorance particularly under the scrutiny of ASADA. When Essendon first discovered the issue and reported it, the AFL were already aware of the more general problem as were the NRL and the other elite competitions. It forced the issue into the open when at that point ASADA and the Federal government preferred to complete certain enquiries in secret. Essendon's report made this impossible.

So let's not speculate. I'm keen to see ASADA's final report as are we all I would assume.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:
I'm pretty sure they woulda known and basically ignored it hoping it wouldn't come out as big because the drugs were in the grey zone between legal and illegal.
I still think your talking about suspicion not knowledge - there is a difference but I get your point and both codes are in the same position.
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

I see from the quotes that Eliagh is still trying to play judge and jury through speculation.
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

King-Eliagh wrote:
If this was true then they would have reported it immediately. So would the NRL and any other elite level organisation.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Cracker wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
If this was true then they would have reported it immediately. So would the NRL and any other elite level organisation.

They have too for gods sake.

They are the controlling bodies for the sports and need to be at the forefront of whats out there.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cracker wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
:shock: Dear lord this chumps naïve.

Cracker? I think its time you and reality met matey. ;)

:>::

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

I'm sorry, King Eliagh, but there is no solid proof that what you are saying is true. Under the new rules if they are implimented your comment would be deleted without proof.