Fight Club - Football Crowds

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:19 pm
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/36 ... rl-crowds/
Broadcasters have been caught using old vision of NRL crowds in order to to make attendances look bigger as the crowd crisis worsens in Sydney.

The average Sydney NRL crowd this year has been just over 13,000, its lowest in years, with the Thursday night game largely to blame, averaging under 10,000 people.

Attendances for the Friday six pm time slot are only marginally better.

Two weeks ago the crowd crisis was at its worst during the traditional Rabbitohs v Dragons clash at the SCG, the turnout was embarrassing for the six pm clash.

Old vision of crowds used during a Rabbitohs game. Pic: 7 News

Those who did attend said the stadium was completely void of any atmosphere.

Due to horrible crowds such as this one, broadcasters have been sprung using old video of crowds in order to make attendances look bigger.

With ratings king, clubs and the NRL seem to be happy to sacrifice crowds for TV ratings.

Some radical solutions are now being considered by clubs, including allowing members free access to away games.

Fans responded passionately to the NRL crowds report by Josh Massoud on social media.

The NRL season got off to the worst possible start with crowds in 2017, with its worst opening-round attendance averages since the Super League war.

Just 100,975 people walked through the gates in round one's eight matches, at an average of 12,622.

The figure is well down on the 14,644 average attendance across each of last year's opening-round matches, and the lowest since 1996, when only 30,198 watched the four games that weekend.

On that occasion, six matches were forfeited as the Super League war threatened to tear the game apart.
But the 81 000 that RL got would be the biggest crowd in Sydney this year?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:08 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:19 pm
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/36 ... rl-crowds/
Broadcasters have been caught using old vision of NRL crowds in order to to make attendances look bigger as the crowd crisis worsens in Sydney.

The average Sydney NRL crowd this year has been just over 13,000, its lowest in years, with the Thursday night game largely to blame, averaging under 10,000 people.

Attendances for the Friday six pm time slot are only marginally better.

Two weeks ago the crowd crisis was at its worst during the traditional Rabbitohs v Dragons clash at the SCG, the turnout was embarrassing for the six pm clash.

Old vision of crowds used during a Rabbitohs game. Pic: 7 News

Those who did attend said the stadium was completely void of any atmosphere.

Due to horrible crowds such as this one, broadcasters have been sprung using old video of crowds in order to make attendances look bigger.

With ratings king, clubs and the NRL seem to be happy to sacrifice crowds for TV ratings.

Some radical solutions are now being considered by clubs, including allowing members free access to away games.

Fans responded passionately to the NRL crowds report by Josh Massoud on social media.

The NRL season got off to the worst possible start with crowds in 2017, with its worst opening-round attendance averages since the Super League war.

Just 100,975 people walked through the gates in round one's eight matches, at an average of 12,622.

The figure is well down on the 14,644 average attendance across each of last year's opening-round matches, and the lowest since 1996, when only 30,198 watched the four games that weekend.

On that occasion, six matches were forfeited as the Super League war threatened to tear the game apart.
how is that relevant to your dwindling home and away crowds?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Crowd: 9,585 #NRL #RugbyLeague #NRLSydWst #SANF

@GWSGIANTS: Thanks to the non-derby record crowd of 15,751 here at Spotless Stadium tonight!

Hahahahahaha!!!
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:17 pm
Crowd: 9,585 #NRL #RugbyLeague #NRLSydWst #SANF

@GWSGIANTS: Thanks to the non-derby record crowd of 15,751 here at Spotless Stadium tonight!

Hahahahahaha!!!
The funny thing is, the 9k is an improvement on the nrlols two previous games at the same venue. Each game drew 6k

:(/ :(/
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Not a bad crowd here tonight. Stand has plenty in it. What amazes me is the amount of people at the bars and lining up fir drinks.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:22 pm
Not a bad crowd here tonight. Stand has plenty in it. What amazes me is the amount of people at the bars and lining up fir drinks.
Essendon draw pretty well where ever they go. There is is large support form Essendon in qld as well. There is a waiting list for a QLD Essendon membership pack :(
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:15 pm
not even close to being relevant.

Why isn't it relevant? Anyone would think that you fumblers were jealous one of the biggest crowd. Most viewers. The 3 biggest football matches this year.... but but but.. Not Rugby League negative enough?

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Why isn't it relevant? Anyone would think that you fumblers were jealous one of the biggest crowd. Most viewers. The 3 biggest football matches this year.... but but but.. Not Rugby League negative enough?
it was a single game played months ago! It's your biggest game of the year ever year. It's like us raving about our GF every time we have a poor crowd. Your season is a debacle. Even the giants outdrew two sydney teams easily today in the same conditions. How do you even process that as an NRL fan??
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:07 pm

it was a single game played months ago! It's your biggest game of the year ever year. It's like us raving about our GF every time we have a poor crowd. Your season is a debacle. Even the giants outdrew two sydney teams easily today in the same conditions. How do you even process that as an NRL fan??
the game may have been a few months ago but it was a very memorable game.

How did GWS go in its match up with Peppa Pig this week?

As a Rugby League fan I process this quiet rationally( unlike a dim witted fumble ball fan) . The league match was viewed by about a quarter of a million viewers while GWS was viewed by about 16 thousand viewers and Peppa Pig was Viewed by 20 thousand viewers.

leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Because that's soo. Every thing else in the nrlol season all bar the gf is of pathetic and embarrassing levels.

Ff on averages the nrlol come 4th behind the aye league, the other bum sniffing leagues and afl in nsw
:(/ :(/
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:42 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:07 pm

As a Rugby League fan I process this quiet rationally( unlike a dim witted fumble ball fan) . The league match was viewed by about a quarter of a million viewers while GWS was viewed by about 16 thousand viewers and Peppa Pig was Viewed by 20 thousand viewers.
As a rl fan! It is known your a dim witted moron who spends to much time in the basement by him self , who thinks that his opinion is facts and anything that you don't want to believe is lies!
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

you think comparing ratings for our newest and smallest club to your biggest game, in a crowds thread, is rational? :(/
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power
Been liked: 0

Post by docker24 »

To be fair, peppa pig is pretty good
EST. 1870
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:56 am

you think comparing ratings for our newest and smallest club to your biggest game, in a crowds thread, is rational? :(/
You bought the subject up LoL. I just highlighted your stupidity comparing the two. There all viewers regardless of were there watching from.