NRL - copying the AFL again! What's new!?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: NRL - copying the AFL again! What's new!?

Post by Beaussie »

eelofwest wrote:
Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
AFL are going to copy our indigenous All Star VS NRL AllStar concept, why am i not surprised they have no representative game and this would be a light on the very distant hill. :lol: :lol:
NRL leading the way :D =D>
http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/05/02/al ... of-origin/
The Indigenous All-Stars (known as for sponsorship reasons Qantas Kickstart Indigenous All-Stars and formerly known as the Aboriginal All-Stars) are an Australian rules football team composed purely of Indigenous Australians.
The team was formed in 1983 to compete in an exhibition match in Mildura but has since become based in Darwin, Northern Territory and currently plays its matches at Marrara Stadium.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous ... _football)
#-o
beaussie said | May 2nd 2012 @ 10:26am | Report comment

* It would look like blatantly copying the NRL (it doesn’t matter which came first, it will just look that way)
* It would be Blacks vs Whites – the NRL gets away with this because theirs isn’t blacks vs whites (Islanders & Maoris play on the NRL side)
* It would die off just like SOO as soon as clubs start pulling players out due to injury fears
* We can’t keep ridiculing the NRL & Rugby for having rep games and claiming they don’t matter because the club game is the only thing that matters, yet keep trying to promote things like this

We should scrap all rep games – including the woeful Irishball – and just focus on our best asset – club football.

Everything else just reeks of jealousy.
Right on Beaussie i totally agree =D> =D>
I'm not sure where the so called quotes of mine a from but I don't remember ever saying the above. If it's from the Roar which I suspect it is, it's no doubt an LU troll using my name. How pathetic. :roll:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by Xman »

Looks like someone is using cos' name too!

How desperate! #-o
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Xman wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:12 pm
The ARL Commission has made its first major decision today scrapping the McIntyre System for the finals in favour of the current AFL model
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z1n5XnK9TO

Copying is the best form of flattery! =D>
may as well resurrect this post instread of clogging up the Gather Round thread :)
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Xman wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:11 pm
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Who gives a shite if they were the first in Australia! :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

whaaaaa
whaaaaa

gee .. jealous much

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jealous? Video decisions are almost irrelevant in the AFL. They're only being used once or twice a game where the ball may have been touched or hit the post.

How significant! :lol:
boy that didn't age well lol
Veni, vidi, vici