Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Re: Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Post by SportCapital »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 pm
True sportscap. I looked up distances covered for all major sports like soccer, baseball, basketball and gridiron and the AFL has all of them covered by a massive distance
Massive is a nice word for it.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: I think I've hit a few nerves with ol sport :lol:

I'm afraid dear sport I can't sound stoopid in my posts because I've simply asserted the facts. And the facts I have presented tell us that afl athletes aren't supreme endurance athletes. All the marks and goal kicking you were having a tug over don't change that for a bit. K?

And herewith ur stoopidest of stoopidest moments in ur post above
No other athlete on the planet could do what they do without AFL training
Here we have the utter ignorance of a brainwashed stoopid afl fan.

Tadgh Kennelly? (Gaelic football)
Karmichael hunt? (NRL) :lol:
... Mike pyke? (Canadian rugby union!) :rofl:
And... wait for it ...
Mason cox? (American college bball player!!!) :(/
And finally, my personal favourite.... drum roll....the newest hot junior afl player all the scouts are raving about .... drum roll please!
17 year old Jackson Ross!!! (Junior fukkin tennis player!!!! )

:(/ :(/ :(/

Now respect your King-Eliagh and Don't you ever EVER dare suggest I'm stupid again sport you grubby village idiot you!

:rofl: :\: :rofl:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

People from all walks of life and sport seem to be able to stroll into the most elite afl comp in the world without more than a years worth of kicking drills etc :lol:

If the afl really were full of supreme elite endurance athletes above other codes then this would simply not be possible. But... it is! Tennis folk and amateur rugby union players can do it ...easily :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

I rest my case

:afro:

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

SportCapital wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:21 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:53 pm
:lol: sport? It's like you've always got this mammoth green booger hanging from ur nose whenever you speak. You sooorrrta sound like you know what ur talking about but there's something oh so wrong and off putting when one reads :lol:

Members and guests I urge you to consider the real deal. Here's the only tugfest that's being considered right now.

Afl players are being considered supreme endurance athletes.

Here's my data.

I didn't make it up, :lol: it's the real deal

Afl players are on field for .... 120 minutes

Afl teams now get 90 interchanges. Down from 120 :lol:

Afl players cover about 14k per game. 14 k in two hours is very very slow going. There are many grandmas and grandpas who could easily cover such distance. In such time :lol:

Afl is played over 4 quarters meaning they get additional 2 breaks than the other footy codes

Afl scores are way more often and way higher than the other footy codes meaning they get additional breaks for resting the legs

Afl has many more breaks for ball ups and ball ins compared to the rugby codes again giving players heaps of time for rest.

It's just look, the afl athletes aren't that amazeballs for their running ok?
For starters, the 90 cap has been enforced for two seasons already. It's not a new thing. Your timing seems a bit out among other things. Anyway..... :drunk:

You're right though, allot of people could cover the same distance in the same time. Even old Nana and Pa would give it a nudge.
But during this leisurely stroll could they include 100 sprints up to 36kph, kick and handball the ball with laser accuracy 40 times, leap on a man's shoulders and Mark the ball over 4m in the air a few times and land without smashing every bone in their body, tackle and be tackled from any direction with the ferocity of a league prop, kick goals from 60m out, get hip and shouldered with the G force an astronaut experiences and constantly concentrate on the game all around them and what they need to do next? :salute:

It would be fucking funny if they could but the short answer is NO FUCKING WAY. The same applies to your city to surf runners and your dad bod bud. [-X

If I apply the same logic to league I could say a determined baby on all fours could cover the distance in the same time that league players do. Can't be that hard.

That's how rediculously stupid you sound. :[]

I have no doubt the physical condition most league players are in is the optimum condition for the rigors of playing league.
The same applies for AFL just way fitter.

Now, this is fight club so I can appreciate you attempting to discredit the AFL.
But seriously, you've chosen the single most physically demanding aspect and IMO one of the great things that seperates AFL from every other form of footy. Constant, large movement of play in all directions.
No other league comes close.

You said-
"Afl players are being considered supreme endurance athletes."
There's no consideration required. No other athlete on the planet could do what they do without AFL training.
The breaks are pivotal in allowing recovery so they can go again and again and again and again.

So next time you're trawling through ancient stories for an angle. Spare a thought for how stupid you might end up looking.

Now watch out..... I'm going to Bushman's blow this booger out and you in my line of fire.
Sshhhhnnnnnnooooottttttttt! :rock:
Gota be a joke account .
No one can post this much rot & be serious .

Handball & kick with laser accuracy..
Oh my ...
That's why they have unco sticks .for when they can't kick straight .
& there's that many players on field they just kick it to a general area & there'll be a fumbler there to catch/ wooops ..dropped it

Then this gem .
Close to joke of the year .

Tackle & be tackled with the ferocity of a RL prop.

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

Come on fess up .
Youve Gota be a RL fan pretending to be a complete & utter fumble Nutjob just to make them look bad..

You don't have to .
They excel in that area without any help
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Nth Qld winger Gillon Mosby runs 100m just 4/10ths of a second outside of what Usain Bolt won gold at Rio. There are plenty of outside backs not far of Mosby's pace. But, But, But AFL :rock:

Gold Coasts Nathan Friend runs the equivalent of Surfers Paradise to Burleigh heads(10.5k) in 80min
Along the way he makes about 50 tackles. Friend experiences 74 collision that are beyond the G-Force that a jet fighter pilot or an astronaut experience and an AFL player - well :(/ :(/ :roll: doesn't even register. . Friend has a high work rate but would’nt be in the top 10 hookers in the game. But, But, But AFL :rock:

NRL players just have a 10 minute half time break – Not a 20m break at half time, 6 m at quarter time and a further 6 m at three-quarter time. But, But, But AFL :rock

NRL Coaches have 8 interchanges at there disposal not 90 and certainly not 120. But, But, But AFL :rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:59 pm
People from all walks of life and sport seem to be able to stroll into the most elite afl comp in the world without more than a years worth of kicking drills etc :lol:

If the afl really were full of supreme elite endurance athletes above other codes then this would simply not be possible. But... it is! Tennis folk and amateur rugby union players can do it ...easily :lol:
So, you agree with my statement.....?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The myth of afl players being elite endurance athletes has been BUSTED!!! :(/

But I will concede on what one afl fan has said in this amazeballs informative thread...afl players can generally kick and hand ball with "laser accuracy". These type of skills have nothing to do with endurance and take a few months of dedication to become quite highly proficient at. Hence athletes like tennis players, basketballers, and amateur Canadian rugby union players can become afl stars in their own right.

:rofl:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:19 am

But I will concede on what one afl fan has said in this amazeballs informative thread...afl players can generally kick and hand ball with "laser accuracy". These type of skills have nothing to do with endurance and take a few months of dedication to become quite highly proficient at. Hence athletes like tennis players, basketballers, and amateur Canadian rugby union players can become afl stars in their own right.

as usual, you get flogged discussing the topic so you deflect to a different argument :lol:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:29 pm
Nth Qld winger Gillon Mosby runs 100m just 4/10ths of a second outside of what Usain Bolt won gold at Rio. There are plenty of outside backs not far of Mosby's pace. But, But, But AFL :rock:

Gold Coasts Nathan Friend runs the equivalent of Surfers Paradise to Burleigh heads(10.5k) in 80min
Along the way he makes about 50 tackles. Friend experiences 74 collision that are beyond the G-Force that a jet fighter pilot or an astronaut experience and an AFL player - well :(/ :(/ :roll: doesn't even register. . Friend has a high work rate but would’nt be in the top 10 hookers in the game. But, But, But AFL :rock:

NRL players just have a 10 minute half time break – Not a 20m break at half time, 6 m at quarter time and a further 6 m at three-quarter time. But, But, But AFL :rock

NRL Coaches have 8 interchanges at there disposal not 90 and certainly not 120. But, But, But AFL :rock:
why bother? I've posted the average published GPS stats which show the AFL players run more than twice further, sprint further, more often and more regularly. This shows that RL players dont need breaks, the game allows enough time to rest.

The rest of your post is but but but :lol:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:00 am
pussycat wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:29 pm

why bother? I've posted the average published GPS stats which show the AFL players run more than twice further, sprint further, more often and more regularly. This shows that RL players dont need breaks, the game allows enough time to rest.

The rest of your post is but but but :lol:

Hooker are forwards, just how bogus are you and your stats looking when they say the average for a forward is 4.9k, yet Nathan Peats was hooked up to GPS in Origin 1 and he travelled over 7k. And it was Origin where metres are harder to come by. The other forward that was hooked up was Nathan Friend in a club game. He ran 10.6k , or more than double your statisticians average .

Your statistician make no mention of the fact that your so called 'athletes' have over 3 breaks during the match totalling over 30min nor does he mention that your team of 'athletes' had 120 interchanges.

50% of our game is defence , And AFL players are miles and miles and miles behind. Something else not mentioned. He also skipped any mention of the impact from collisions that leave most other sports like AFL for dead. And no mention of yet another fact. Some of the outside backs run at near Olympic speeds.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:49 am

Hooker are forwards, just how bogus are you and your stats looking when they say the average for a forward is 4.9k, yet Nathan Peats was hooked up to GPS in Origin 1 and he travelled over 7k. And it was Origin where metres are harder to come by. The other forward that was hooked up was Nathan Friend in a club game. He ran 10.6k , or more than double your statisticians average .

Your statistician make no mention of the fact that your so called 'athletes' have over 3 breaks during the match totalling over 30min nor does he mention that your team of 'athletes' had 120 interchanges.

50% of our game is defence , And AFL players are miles and miles and miles behind. Something else not mentioned. He also skipped any mention of the impact from collisions that leave most other sports like AFL for dead. And no mention of yet another fact. Some of the outside backs run at near Olympic speeds.
they arent my stats, they're published stats in a peer reviewed journal from an independent source. Backs (5,573 ± 1,128 m) and forwards (4,982 ± 1,185 m) during match plahttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21358424

These are average distances for multiple players. Yes some individuals travel further, just like some AFL players have covered over 20kms in a game. "Sam Mitchell and Liam Duggan are both listed as running 22km, or more than half a marathon, in the same match" https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 263693a59a

These stats would take into account interchange breaks.

As for speed the NRL published data for your SOO series this year https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/07/11/fas ... formances/ and none were near the AFL's best. "• NSW halfback Mitchell Pearce running a game high speed of 33.7kph in Origin II – and the second fastest of the series behind Queensland winger Corey Oates (34.3kph in Origin I) – when scoring his 27th minute try"

As for 50% defence, all team sports are around 50% defence :lol:

As for impact of collisions, this is one aspect RL has over most other sports. However RL is missing continuous man on man play like basketball, soccer, AFL, NFL and other sports have, which may not be collision but is draining because it's continuous.

And again, these arent my stats, they are published stats by the NRL, AFL and in peer reviewed journals
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:57 am
King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:19 am

as usual, you get flogged discussing the topic so you deflect to a different argument :lol:
What's the different argument nlol ya big softy?

Sport capital is the one who said no other athletes can do what afl players can do, touting their supreme endurance. I showed him that in fact, yes, many other athletes have waltzed into the top grade with 20years less afl training and made superstars of emselves!

So pissoff with ur sooky lil cry that I deflect and kindly join me and others by bringing something of some substance in ur next post nlol. Disappointing really, this thread has been amazeballs in discounting the much agreed to myth that afl players are endurance dynamos :lol: atleast try and defend rather than bringing the thread down with sooky posts nlol :wink:

:cheers:

xman wrote:
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:32 pm
SportCapital wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:21 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:53 pm
:lol: sport? It's like you've always got this mammoth green booger hanging from ur nose whenever you speak. You sooorrrta sound like you know what ur talking about but there's something oh so wrong and off putting when one reads :lol:

Members and guests I urge you to consider the real deal. Here's the only tugfest that's being considered right now.

Afl players are being considered supreme endurance athletes.

Here's my data.

I didn't make it up, :lol: it's the real deal

Afl players are on field for .... 120 minutes

Afl teams now get 90 interchanges. Down from 120 :lol:

Afl players cover about 14k per game. 14 k in two hours is very very slow going. There are many grandmas and grandpas who could easily cover such distance. In such time :lol:

Afl is played over 4 quarters meaning they get additional 2 breaks than the other footy codes

Afl scores are way more often and way higher than the other footy codes meaning they get additional breaks for resting the legs

Afl has many more breaks for ball ups and ball ins compared to the rugby codes again giving players heaps of time for rest.

It's just look, the afl athletes aren't that amazeballs for their running ok?
For starters, the 90 cap has been enforced for two seasons already. It's not a new thing. Your timing seems a bit out among other things. Anyway..... :drunk:

You're right though, allot of people could cover the same distance in the same time. Even old Nana and Pa would give it a nudge.
But during this leisurely stroll could they include 100 sprints up to 36kph, kick and handball the ball with laser accuracy 40 times, leap on a man's shoulders and Mark the ball over 4m in the air a few times and land without smashing every bone in their body, tackle and be tackled from any direction with the ferocity of a league prop, kick goals from 60m out, get hip and shouldered with the G force an astronaut experiences and constantly concentrate on the game all around them and what they need to do next? :salute:

It would be fucking funny if they could but the short answer is NO FUCKING WAY. The same applies to your city to surf runners and your dad bod bud. [-X

If I apply the same logic to league I could say a determined baby on all fours could cover the distance in the same time that league players do. Can't be that hard.

That's how rediculously stupid you sound. :[]

I have no doubt the physical condition most league players are in is the optimum condition for the rigors of playing league.
The same applies for AFL just way fitter.

Now, this is fight club so I can appreciate you attempting to discredit the AFL.
But seriously, you've chosen the single most physically demanding aspect and IMO one of the great things that seperates AFL from every other form of footy. Constant, large movement of play in all directions.
No other league comes close.

You said-
"Afl players are being considered supreme endurance athletes."
There's no consideration required. No other athlete on the planet could do what they do without AFL training.
The breaks are pivotal in allowing recovery so they can go again and again and again and again.

So next time you're trawling through ancient stories for an angle. Spare a thought for how stupid you might end up looking.

Now watch out..... I'm going to Bushman's blow this booger out and you in my line of fire.
Sshhhhnnnnnnooooottttttttt! :rock:
Gota be a joke account .
No one can post this much rot & be serious .

Handball & kick with laser accuracy..
Oh my ...
That's why they have unco sticks .for when they can't kick straight .
& there's that many players on field they just kick it to a general area & there'll be a fumbler there to catch/ wooops ..dropped it

Then this gem .
Close to joke of the year .

Tackle & be tackled with the ferocity of a RL prop.

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

Come on fess up .
Youve Gota be a RL fan pretending to be a complete & utter fumble Nutjob just to make them look bad..

You don't have to .
They excel in that area without any help

Easy....... Easy....... Easy boy.....
I fess up. They were slid in there just for you. They seem to have achieved the desired effect. Relax.
I happen to use laser metrology equipment quite a bit in my profession with accuracies in the nanometer range. So for me to say this is total tongue in cheek.
As Dennis Committee said, "centimetre perfect". That's closer to the mark.
And I don't know if you realise what a prop does in RL, but there's not IMO a position in any Sport that hits harder. Total sacrifice. :salute:
Again tongue in cheek for dramatic effect.

Ok, now breath..... In...... Out....... In..... Out.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:24 am
pussycat wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:49 am

they arent my stats, they're published stats in a peer reviewed journal from an independent source. Backs (5,573 ± 1,128 m) and forwards (4,982 ± 1,185 m) during match plahttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21358424

These are average distances for multiple players. Yes some individuals travel further, just like some AFL players have covered over 20kms in a game. "Sam Mitchell and Liam Duggan are both listed as running 22km, or more than half a marathon, in the same match" https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 263693a59a

These stats would take into account interchange breaks.

As for speed the NRL published data for your SOO series this year https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/07/11/fas ... formances/ and none were near the AFL's best. "• NSW halfback Mitchell Pearce running a game high speed of 33.7kph in Origin II – and the second fastest of the series behind Queensland winger Corey Oates (34.3kph in Origin I) – when scoring his 27th minute try"

As for 50% defence, all team sports are around 50% defence :lol:

As for impact of collisions, this is one aspect RL has over most other sports. However RL is missing continuous man on man play like basketball, soccer, AFL, NFL and other sports have, which may not be collision but is draining because it's continuous.

And again, these arent my stats, they are published stats by the NRL, AFL and in peer reviewed journals
The stats that I supplied are entirely credible, not bogus like some. All information is factored in , not just the bits that best suit.

Certainly no mention of the NRL or anything connected to it at the link you gave. Just some statistician who left half the relevant information out. From another link,I found this part of the AFL GPS data supplied to the Perth times very interesting though/ :(/ :(/
However The Sunday Times understands those readings were errors

The AFL misleading the public! Who would have ever thought it possible [-(